Lenses are manufactured on-site and ready to correct your vision
Contact lens technology continues to develop year on year. The contact lenses that you use will depend on the strength of your vision, your eye shape and tear production.
Advancements in contact lens technology has improved participation in sports and even reduced glare from the sun. Contact lens wearers benefit from a wider field of vision and comfort.
We recommend that you book to see our optometrists before using contacts lenses. They’ll be able to measure your eye size and recommend the appropriate lenses for your vision. We’ll make sure that the lenses feel comfortable and give you all the information you need to ensure they stay clean. If you have any problems with your lenses, bring them straight in to us and we’ll tackle any issues you’re experiencing.
We fit and stock all types of prescription lenses including daily, monthly, disposable, toric, bespoke and gas permeable lenses. We also have our own brand of lenses that are manufactured on-site.
It is vital that you look after your contact lenses appropriately. Failure to keep on top of hygiene could result in a nasty eye infection. We’ve listed some clear instructions to help you avoid infection and poor lens hygiene:
- When handling your contact lenses, make sure that you clean your hands and dry them thoroughly
- Wear the contact lenses that are prescribed to you and don’t look for others without the advice and guidance of your optometrist
- Contact lenses require special care and products that will help you to clean and disinfect them.
- Never put the contact lenses in your mouth or clean them with plain water. Both contain microorganisms that cause infection.
- If your eyes feel irritated and sore, stop using the contact lenses and visit your optometrist as soon as possible.
- Never wear somebody else’s contact lenses. This applies even if they haven’t worn them yet.
- Put your contact lenses in before you apply any make-up. This way, your contacts will avoid any contamination.